As a second part to my “feeling old” blog posts, I decide to focus on video games. And you thought my previous post made you feel old…
1. The first announcement of Duke Nukem Forever was in:
14 years ago!!
2. StarCraft came out in in:
13 years ago!!
4. The Dreamcast has been discontinued for A DECADE. It was released in:
5. Sonic is 20 years old this year.
6. This Sega ad happened in:
TWENTY THREE YEARS AGO!
7. Super Mario 64 was released in 1996 – 15 years ago.
8. Most children born in that year have never held an N64 controller.
9. The Sony Playstation was released in:
2 years before the N64.
10. If Aerith was alive, she would be
(based on release date of Final Fantasy 7 in 1997 FOURTEEN YEARS AGO!! omg.)
11. A decade of Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy XIII:
Final Fantasy VIII:
12. Captain N’s voice actor Matt Hill is:
13. Link has saved Zelda 15 times since 1986 for the past 25 years. Remember this show?:
Link’s a f*cking annoying jerk…
14. The original Sega Game Gear portable game system compared to the Nintendo GBA Micro:
15. The original Resident Evil logo was used from:
2001!! That’s A DECADE AGO!!!
16. Mortal Kombat came out in 1992.
Remember the controversies all over the news? Can you believe that 4 years later, we got Resident Evil?
17. Street Fighter:
Super Street Fighter IV – incredible graphics:
Street Fighter II – way back machine!!!:
TWENTY YEARS OLD! Stop choking that chicken!
TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD!!! If you remember playing this, then you ARE old.
18. Pokemon came out in 1995. SIXTEEN YEARS AGO!!
There are over 600 pokemon to catch now.
19. Dead Or Alive:
That’s still 6 years ago, but…
FIFTEEN YEARS OF JIGGLY BOOBS (but I’m 99-years old!)
20. Most of this generation’s Smash Brother’s Brawl players have never played Kid Icarus or Super Mario Bros.
on an actual NES.
21. Lara Croft first appeared in 1996:
Did you play the Tomb Raider remake? That’s what the T-rex originally looked like!
22. According to her birthdate (14/02/1968), this year she would be:
23. Katamari Damacy came rolling on to PS2 in:
24. Metal Gear Solid 2 came out in 2001. 10 years ago!
24. Do I need to repeat that? TEN YEARS AGO!!! Felt like only yesterday I was drooling at the incredible graphics.
25. Shadow of the Colossus came out 2005. 6 years ago!
This game still looks good today. Hard to believe it’s that old now!
26. Lining up for the Playstation 2 in Akihabara happened:
27. People were buying systems for over $1500 on ebay. That would be close to $2000 today based on inflation rate!
28. For those of you from the 8-bit era: The final nail in the coffin.
EDIT: BONUS #29! (I can’t believe I forgot about this one)
N64 Kid then:
N64 Kid now:
If that’s not enough, then maybe you’d like to look at 37 Facts That Make You Feel Like an Old Otaku.
Click the share button!